- Board of Directors
- Regional Chairs
- Section Chairs
- Beth A. Wittmann - Appellate Practice
- Thaddeus E. Morgan - Law Practice Management
- David M. Ottenwess - Trial Practice
- Ridley S. Nimmo, II - Municipal & Gov't Liab.
- Darwin L. Burke, Jr. - Insurance
- Gouri G. Sashital - Labor and Employment
- Matthew Allen - Commercial Litigation
- Michael R. Janes - Professional Liability & Health Care
- Robert E. Murkowski - Young Lawyers
- Thomas Aycock - General Liability
- Committee Chairs
- Graham K. Crabtree - Legislative Liason
- James G. Gross - Minister of Fun
- John P. Jacobs - Past Presidents Committee Chair
- Alan J. Couture - Technology Co-Chair
- James E. Brenner - Amicus Co-Chair
- Diana Khachaturian - Quarterly Editor
- Edward P. Perdue - DRI Representative
- Jenny Zavadil - Quarterly Asst. Editor
- Linda Foster-Wells - Sponsorship Co-Chair
- Past Presidents
- Past Board Members
- Past Chairs
- Executive Director
- JOIN MDTC
- Sponsors & Advertisers
- Job Bank
- Contact Us
Alan J. Couture - Technology Co-Chair
Mr. Couture specializes in litigation, including most liability areas, insurance and employment law cases.
Mr. Couture is a member of the firm Sondee, Racine & Doren PLC. Previously he served as a research attorney with the Texas Court of Appeals for three years, and practiced for five years in insurance defense litigation with a leading defense firm in Corpus Christi, Texas.
He serves as a Circuit Court case evaluator for several counties in northern Michigan. He is a member and past Board of Governors member of the Grand Traverse/Leelanau/Antrim Bar Association and the State Bar of Michigan and is a current Board member of the Michigan Defense Trial Counsel.
He has authored legal articles on law practice issues in both Texas and Michigan and on the Michigan No-Fault Act. He has been a regular presenter at employment law seminars.
He was actively involved with the US Jaycees for 10 years. He has served as the Chairman of the Big Brothers/Big Sisters organization in Corpus Christi, Texas and has coached youth sports for many years. He is actively involved as an adult leader in the Boy Scouts of America. Mr. Couture is an adjunct professor at Spring Arbor University. He is a member of the City of Gaylord Planning Commission. He primarily works in the firm's Gaylord office.
MDTC 09-11 - Technology Committee Co-Chair
Sondee, Racine & Doren, PLC
440 W. Main Street, Suite A
Traverse City, Michigan 49684
(989) 732-1152 | (989) 732-4843 (fax)